Monday, June 6, 2011

Slowly Failing Quest

So, at least half of the teenage population has read Perks of Being a Wallflower. Probably more than half. I, personally, have read it five times because it seriously is an awesome book and Stephen Chobsky developed a great story. Anyway, you know how at the end, in one of those great acts of kindness that makes you feel bad that you aren't that good of a friend, when Charlie gives Sam and Patrick all those books he read for a graduation gift? Well, in a quest to fill my time, I decided to finish all those books before graduate.

So let's see, prior to starting this quest, in school or in my spare time I had already read Hamlet, A Separate Peace, To Kill a Mockingbird, and The Great Gatsby. So, that left with about seven books I needed to read in the span of three month, which is realtively easy for me.

But let me update you. So the first book I bought was Catcher in the Rye. A classic, right? You always hear about that book but never get around to reading it. Let me tell you though, I was SO disappointed. After I closed the back cover, I literally had no idea what the book was even about. I'll give it to Salinger, he writes rather entertaining, but I have no idea how that book was a classic.

Currently, I am in the middle of This Side of Paradise, another classic. I love F. Scott Fitzgerald, but it is almost the same as Catcher; where is this story going? I'm getting stuck, I can't bring myself to finish it. I keep picking up Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson to read for the ninth time. Maybe that is just my preference.

So, as of today, June 6th 2011:
Hamlet
On the Road
Naked Lunch
The Stranger
A Separate Peace
To Kill a Mockingbird
The Catcher in the Rye
Great Gatsby
Walden
The Fountainhead
This Side Of Paradise 

WISH ME LUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment