Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Dog Days Are Over

(^ I've been waiting to use that line forever...)
But, it's here kids. The big day. Graduation. It's like 8th grade promotion, only better!

I remember my first day of freshmen seventh grade at CdM. My Havaiana sandal broke. I hadn't kissed a boy. I had a haircut that even a mother couldn't love, (I'm serious, she cried when she saw it.) But this post isn't about me. It's about you guys.


A famous songwriter by the name of Vitamin C once said, "As we go on, we remember, all the times we, had together." Extreme cheesiness aside, I feel like every single person at CdM has touched me in their own way (pervyness not intended, but enjoyed.) I can remember hundreds, no thousands, of memories with people I would have never normally encountered. It's a weird feeling, leaving this little community we have created.

I know kids who are going to some of the best colleges in the country. I know some of the most talented athletes in the state. I know CIF winners and national champions. I know a kid that likes to get naked at almost every party. I know people who are going to be famous one day; actors and artists and musicians. WE ARE SO TALENTED IT'S RIDICULOUS. "And as our lives change, from whatever, we will still be, friends forever."

I wish every single person that graduates from CdM good luck on their  endeavors in the future. To quote Elle Woods from the end of Legally Blonde..."We did it!" Congratulations class of 2011, we had a great run. I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment